The Black Economic Alliance Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization that drives economic mobility and wealth building for Black Americans through programs, policy analysis and development, and research. The Foundation is an affiliate of the Black Economic Alliance, a nonpartisan coalition of business leaders and allies committed to driving economic progress for the Black community through public policy, advocacy, and engagement with government and business leaders. Led by a board that includes executives from a range of industries including media, finance, pharmaceutical, nonprofit, and tech, BEA uses its collective power and business acumen to advance public policies and private sector practices that will improve work, wages, and wealth for Black Americans.
As the Special Assistant to the President, you are instrumental to the success of the President, providing dynamic and invaluable support in every dimension of her work, from scheduling and correspondence to research and meeting preparation. You will be active in advising, vetting internal and external requests, collecting and sharing information with and from staff, leading on research and briefing, and managing special projects. You will often be an outward facing representative of the President, so you must bring and maintain the presence and gravitas to interact and interface with our board of directors, major donors, senior leaders, and staff members on a wide range of programmatic, fundraising, and programmatic efforts.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the President in managing day-to-day operations including meeting planning, preparation, and follow up; portfolio will include overseeing correspondence, scheduling, maintaining the calendar and files, and following up with staff, donors, and stakeholders.
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize data to identify potential opportunities and measure impact of current efforts, including creating narrative reports and PowerPoint decks, and developing tables and charts.
- Help to manage the President’s key relationships with donors, stakeholders, grantees, and staff, and facilitate regular communication.
- Partner with development team in collecting, conducting, vetting and evaluating background research on donors.
- Advise and assess requests and inquiries that come to the President; create and monitor tracking systems to ensure timely responses to all requests and invitations.
- Oversee and coordinate logistical planning for the President’s travel.
- Staff the President at meetings and events as appropriate; advising on and overseeing follow up action items, goals and outcomes.
- Prepare written materials including presentations and formal/ad hoc reports, internal and external communications, research briefs, and agendas.
- Lead special projects relevant to the President’s priorities.
- Manage communication with the Foundation’s board of directors and advisory board on behalf of the President.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the Black Economic Alliance Foundation
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a self-starter
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and project management skills, including ability to multi-task, continually re-prioritize, and self-manage deadlines
- Flexible and solutions-oriented
- Team player, always willing to “roll up your sleeves”
- Able to work independently, and exercise discretion and independent judgment on significant projects, while also being able to work collaboratively with the team
- Great discretion and integrity handling confidentiality of sensitive information
- Exceptional research and synthesis skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications—Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.—and Adobe Acrobat
Competitive/commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a full-time position, located in New York City.Apply Today