The Black Economic Alliance Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit, is the nation’s leading organization harnessing the collective expertise and influence of Black business leaders to drive generational wealth-building for the Black community.
We build, prescribe, and advocate for actionable solutions through crafting philanthropic and investment programs, leading policy advocacy and research, convening leaders across the private and public sectors, and elevating national understanding of the inextricable link between the health of the Black economy and the entire American economy.
We are an affiliate of the Black Economic Alliance, a nonpartisan coalition of Black business leaders and allies committed to driving economic progress for the Black community through public policy, advocacy, and engagement with government and business leaders.
Reporting to the Black Economic Alliance Foundation President, the Policy & Research Director will be responsible for developing and leading the Black Economic Alliance Foundation (BEA Foundation)’s policy strategy to increase generational wealth-building across the Black community. The Policy & Research Director will grow the scope, impact, and profile of BEA Foundation’s policy work to improve work, wages, and wealth for Black Americans, and will help BEA Foundation advocate for policies that will close the Black-White wealth gap and, in so doing, grow the overall U.S. economy. Working with external research and advocacy partners, the Policy & Research Director will develop and execute a policy research, development, and advocacy strategy, including: identifying research-based policy priorities; overseeing research to evaluate and move forward those priorities; and engaging with legislative and executive branches. The Policy & Research Director will be a hub of data, policy solutions, and cross-sector partnerships and will be responsible for keeping BEA Foundation’s policy agenda current and data-driven.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 8-10 years of relevant federal policy experience, including policy analysis, policy research, policy advocacy, and/or work with government agencies.
- Expertise in crafting research-backed policy proposals, ideally across multiple issue areas.
- Excellent data analysis and research capabilities.
- Familiarity with coalition building across various stakeholders within the private, public, and philanthropic sectors focused on policy.
- Deep and multidimensional community & economic development policy knowledge aligned with BEA Foundation’s policy priorities.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the Black Economic Alliance Foundation.
- Strong combination of strategic and creative brain power.
- Comfort embracing the challenges and rewards of a small team accomplishing big goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills, including ability to multi-task, continually re-prioritize, and self-manage deadlines.
- Nimble team player, ready and willing to assist with all relevant projects.
- Able to work effectively (remotely) with a team spread across different geographies.
- Great discretion and integrity handling confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a self-starter.
- Ability to move projects to timely completion working with multiple stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite and G Suite.
- Established policy & government affairs contacts preferred.
Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a full-time position. Washington, D.C. or New York City area is preferred.Apply Today