The Black Economic Alliance and its affiliated organizations is a non-partisan group of business leaders and aligned advocates focused on driving economic progress for the Black community by advocating for policies that increase work, wages, and wealth for all Black Americans and supporting candidates for office who share those objectives.
This is an exciting time for The Black Economic Alliance, as we are building a new fundraising team to help support revenue goals across our various entities. The Development Coordinator will support the Director of Donor and Member Engagement’s efforts in creating strategic experiences for donors and members to bolster philanthropic support and financial investment. The Development Coordinator will also contribute to the development and implementation of strategies to identify, cultivate and steward individual and institutional funders.
Specific Duties Include:
- Working with the Director of Donor & Member Engagement to develop and implement fundraising plan.
- Supporting event strategy, planning and execution for donors, members, sponsors and other partners.
- Managing contributor benefits for an evolving membership structure.
- Serving as liaison for Advisory Board members and supporting administrative needs of the Board of Directors.
- Providing administrative support to the Director of Donor & Member Engagement, while anticipating the needs of the Executive Director of The Black Economic Alliance and the President of The Black Economic Alliance Foundation.
- Managing databases and maintaining all donor files using the EveryAction customer relationship management system.
- Assisting with editing and mailing appeals and renewal letters.
- Reporting regularly on organizational revenue and outstanding pledges.
- Managing gift processing, gift tracking and donor acknowledgment process (drafting acknowledgment letters, preparing tax receipts and making follow-up phone calls).
- Drafting and updating gift agreements, creating invoices, managing payment and procurement requests, managing financial reconciliation.
- Providing research support for newly identified donors and partners (corporations, and other prospects for cultivation and stewardship foundations, major donors, government).
- Coordinating donor meetings, including scheduling, drafting briefings, one-pagers and other related materials and coordinating travel, when necessary.
- Compiling donor data to support proposal development.
- Writing letters of inquiry and grant proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, 1-3 years related experience required.
- Experience supporting fundraising teams in a non-profit or political environment
- Familiarity with major gift fundraising and/or political fundraising a plus
- Excellent writing, interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment while managing simultaneous tasks and competing priorities
- Ability to solve problems effectively and creatively and manage up to supervisors
- Strong self-starting initiative, a positive attitude, a sense of discretion and unfaltering personal integrity
- Presence, good-judgement, self-confidence and good listening skills
- Strong commitment to professional ethics in working with highly confidential, sensitive information.
- Computer proficiency, including proficiency with Outlook Office—including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint—and database software or CRM